Active Technology Request for Proposals
CCS Fiber Replacement Project
CCS Managed Print Services
Upon reviewing the
"notice" it seems you want to set up a printing company for Clinton
City Schools. We currently do printing for Clinton City Schools and
would be happy to establish contracted pricing that would meet your
objective of lowering your overall expenses and monitoring the expenses by
The RFP is for managed print services within our existing
facilities. Clinton City Schools cannot completely outsource our printing needs
because there is a large volume of printing/copying that is completed “on-demand”
in the educational environment. You are still welcome to present a proposal per
requirements in the RFP if your organization offers such services
- To clarify, your goal is to have equipment in each
facility with a person to manage the printing requirements for each
We will have
equipment (copiers, printers (including some multi-function devices), and
possibly stand-alone fax machines) in each facility and are requesting potential
options from vendors that include but are not limited to monitoring the
equipment, auto-delivering toner on an as needed basis, technicians that come
on site as needed, as well as fleet repair/maintenance/replacement options for
the equipment all quoted in what is often referred to as a service level
- Is Clinton City Schools looking to remove all printers or upgrade them 1 for 1?
Clinton City Schools is not committed to remove all classroom printers, but will entertain strategically placing fewer of them to lower costs of supplies and maintenance.
- What would be the term of the contract that CCS would be most comfortable with?
- Would there be a buyout involved and if so, how much?
No buyout is involved.
- When does your existing contract expire?
Existing contract for leased copiers expires June 30, 2017
- Would the contractor be permitted to connect the fleet of equipment through your network?
- What level of network assistant may we expect during installation and setup?
The Clinton City Schools technology department will assist as needed.
- If a piece of equipment fails prematurely during the term, will we be allowed to replace it at our discretion with comparable equipment?
- How many copies of the proposal need to be submitted?
- Do you want a provided cost analysis broken out by location or as one cost analysis district wide?
Both, if possible.
- What would constitute or justify a 30 day termination?
Breach of terms in signed contract or service level agreement (SLA).
- Is it possible to update the potential bidder with make/model of the HW as the proposal also requests maintenance and consumables?
Clinton City Schools is seeking proposals from vendors that can supply hardware to replace copiers (currently leased) and printers/mfds/faxes (currently owned) in Clinton City Schools in an effort to lower costs, standardize equipment, and improve efficiency. Clinton City Schools currently leases 7 different models of copiers and has over 45 different mixed manufacturers/models of printers.
Erate Form 470 #170051623 Leased Dark or Leased Lit Fiber
- Do you have a particular brand of Fiber that you want to lease?
Clinton City Schools does not have a brand preference for fiber. All fiber shall be high quality fiber optic cable capable of supporting bandwidths up to 10Gbps. Vendors must adhere to all industry standards for installation, routing, and termination of fiber.
- Are there any right of ways that we need to be concerned about?
Yes, There are multiple right of ways that must be considered in the routing of this fiber project. Please reference the specific location addresses included in the RFP to help determine routing and other project management concerns.
- When would be a good time for a brief call this week or next week to discuss design, hub site location and number of fibers needed
Please review the RFP and use the detailed address location information to identify potential design and routing parameters that may be required. Send all questions via email to both me and the technical contact listed in the Form 470 so we have accurate documentation. We are requesting a minimum one pair of optical fiber from each site back to the NOC currently located at 1207 West Elizabeth Street, Clinton, NC 28328.
- For each of the Leased options, what bandwidth do you want at the NOC?
We are currently connected at the NOC to NCREN for Internet access via a CenturyLink Metro Ethernet access link, which is configured with a Committed Bandwidth (CBW) of 250 Mbps. We don’t anticipate needing an increase in bandwidth at this time.
- Do all of the right-of-ways belong to the state?
All of the right of ways belong to the state as far as we know.
Erate Form 470 #170055331 Wireless Access Points
- Can we quote an Alternate AP for this project?
Clinton City Schools is specifically requesting Fortinet AP832i wireless access points to avoid having a mixed environment for management and control.
- Were there any services you’d like included in the response? Any clarification on exactly what it is you’d like quoted out as far as services would be much appreciated!
Clinton City Schools is only requesting the wireless access points to add to existing infrastructure. We have existing licensing and support contracts already in place.
- Will you need the Access Points installed?
We do not require installation. Our staff will mount the access points.